- This topic is empty.
November 15, 2020 at 4:02 pm #6798Bonita FrerichsGuest
by Samuel Beckett
- Awards: Ars Translationis (1991), Mikael Agricola -palkinto (2007)
- Genres: fiction, literature, ireland, classics, novels, philosophy, humor
- ISBN: 9780714506104 (0714506109)
- Characters: Watt, Mr. Hackett, Goff Nixon, Tetty Nixon, Larry Nixon
- Author: Samuel Beckett
- Language: english
- Format: paperback, 256 pages
- Release date: January 1, 1976
- Publisher: Riverrun Press (New York, NY)
About The Book
Fiction. WATT was the beginning of Samuel Becket’s post-war literary career, the fruition of the years in hiding in the Vaucluse mountains from the Gestapo, which also largely inspired WAITING FOR GODOT. But it remains, unlike the work that followed it, extremely Irish, a philosophical novel full of the grim humour that was already his trade-mark in such earlier fictions as MORE PRICKS THAN KICKS and MURPHY. The perambulations of WATT, especially in the home of the eccentric Mr. Knott, and the sketching of logic to elicit meaning, must be among the most comic inventions of modern literature. First published by the libertine Olympia Press in 1953, it has established itself as one of the most quoted and best-loved of Becket’s novels. The typographical oddities and omissions are as Beckett left the text.
MOBI ebook Watt download on Amazon. Hardback book Watt by Samuel Beckett for iOS. MP3 Watt buy on Android. PDF Watt Samuel Beckett read online on IndieBound. FictionBook ebook Watt by Samuel Beckett on Barnes & Noble.