Call Us: (519)969-3535

Home Forums CUPE 1348 Executive Forum The Geneticist Who Played Hoops with My DNA – PDF download – 9780060537388

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Jewel Cross

The Geneticist Who Played Hoops with My DNA
    . . . And Other Masterminds from the Frontiers of Biotech

by David Ewing Duncan

🔗 The Geneticist Who Played Hoops with My DNA : Read More 🔗

• Genres: science
    • Format: hardcover, 288 pages
    • Author: David Ewing Duncan
    • Publisher: William Morrow
    • Release date: May 10, 2005
    • ISBN: 9780060537388 (0060537388)
    • Language: english

About The Book

Combining myth, biography,

and wit — a highly original

depiction of cutting-edge

science — told through the

scientists who are rewriting

life on earth

While the future of human existence is literally being forged by today’s genetic scientists and biotechnology leaders, the media, policymakers, ethicists, and fellow scientists alike have not been adequately communicating the tremendous potential that is contained in these individuals’ work. With the public only vaguely aware of what is really happening, a new coterie of geniuses, tinkerers, tycoons, and genetic soothsayers are — for better or worse — about to alter life on earth forever.

Now award-winning journalist David Ewing Duncan has written an insightful narrative about science and personality, delving into stem cell research, cloning, bioengineering, extending life span, and genetics by telling the stories of the characters at the fulcrum of the science. Calling to mind age-old stories and myths — Prometheus, Faustus, Eve, and Frankenstein — Duncan asks the question: Can we trust these scientists?

Duncan has spent the last three years reporting on and studying these masterminds, from the co-solver of the DNA structure James Watson to a man who is creating synthetic life, Craig Venter. The Geneticist Who Played Hoops with My DNA tells their stories, revealing their quirky, fascinating, and sometimes vaguely unsettling personas as a way to understand their science and the implications of their work.

MOBI ebook The Geneticist Who Played Hoops with My DNA David Ewing Duncan. MP3 The Geneticist Who Played Hoops with My DNA buy cheap on iPad on Kobo. PDF book The Geneticist Who Played Hoops with My DNA by David Ewing Duncan read for Kindle on Dymocks. EPUB book The Geneticist Who Played Hoops with My DNA download.

TXT The Geneticist Who Played Hoops with My DNA David Ewing Duncan read online. Online ebook The Geneticist Who Played Hoops with My DNA Android on Powells. Paperback ebook The Geneticist Who Played Hoops with My DNA buy on iOS. Hardback The Geneticist Who Played Hoops with My DNA by David Ewing Duncan download on Bookshop.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Reply To: The Geneticist Who Played Hoops with My DNA – PDF download – 9780060537388
Your information: