- This topic is empty.
November 16, 2020 at 4:10 pm #6961Angela ElkinsGuest
Owney, the Mail-Pouch Pooch
by Mona Kerby, Lynne Barasch
- Language: english
- Format: hardcover, 40 pages
- ISBN: 9780374356859 (0374356858)
- Awards: Vermont’s Picture Book Awards: Red Clover (2010), California Young Readers Medal for Picture Books for Older Readers (2010)
- Publisher: Farrar, Straus and Giroux (BYR)
- Genres: dogs, history, childrens, adventure, historical, animals, travel, biography
- Author: Mona Kerby, Lynne Barasch
- Release date: April 29, 2008
About The Book
One rainy night in 1888, a stray dog wandered into the U.S. Post Office in Albany, New York. Workers found him the next morning asleep on a pile of mail pouches. The dog seemed to like the post office and the smell of the mailbags and the men’s wool uniforms. When no one came to claim him, they named him Owney and made him their pet. However, Owney’s loyalty and sense of adventure soon made it clear he wasn’t just an average mutt. Over the course of nine years, Owney guarded the mail — not only in Albany but on mail trains that traveled all over the United States.
Accompanied by lively pen-and-watercolor illustrations, this is a delightful true story of a special dog whose faithful service earned him a trip around the world. Owney can be seen in the Smithsonian’s National Postal Museum.
Owney, the Mail-Pouch Pooch is a 2009 Bank Street — Best Children’s Book of the Year.
PDF Owney, the Mail-Pouch Pooch on reader on Booktopia. MP3 book Owney, the Mail-Pouch Pooch Mona Kerby download. MOBI ebook Owney, the Mail-Pouch Pooch buy cheap on Walmart. Paperback Owney, the Mail-Pouch Pooch by Mona Kerby read online iPad.