- This topic is empty.
November 21, 2020 at 7:36 am #8168Charlie FulksGuest
The Language of Newspapers
by Danuta Reah
- Genres: linguistics
- ISBN: 9780415278058 (0415278058)
- Format: paperback, 144 pages
- Release date: May 16, 2002
- Language: english
- Publisher: Routledge
- Author: Danuta Reah
About The Book
The Intertext series has been specifically designed to meet the needs of contemporary English Language Studies. The core book, Working with Texts, is the foundation text which provides an introduction to language analysis. It is complemented by a range of ‘satellite’ titles which provide students with hands-on practical experience of textual analysis through special topics. They can be used individually or in conjunction with Working with Texts.
The Language of Newspapers explores the ways in which the press portrays current events. From the ideological bias of the press, to the role of headlines in newspaper articles and ways in which newspapers relate to their audience, the book provides a comprehensive analysis of newspaper language.
The second edition has been substantially rewritten and includes a range of new texts. Features include:
* a new introduction, taking account of recent developments in the media
* recent newspaper articles on a range of subjects, from Jeffrey Archer’s conviction to the journalist captured for suspected spying in Afghanistan * a new introduction, taking account of recent developments in the media
* new activities and commentaries to support student-directed study
* a ‘further resources’ section with details of on-line newspapers and websites to visit
Hardback The Language of Newspapers by Danuta Reah download for iOS. MP3 book The Language of Newspapers on Barnes & Noble. FB2 ebook The Language of Newspapers Danuta Reah buy cheap on Kobo. FictionBook book The Language of Newspapers read online Android. TXT The Language of Newspapers by Danuta Reah read.